- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
John Michael McDonagh’s third film, the follow up to 2014’s Calvary and 2011’s The Guard, also stars Michael Pena and Alexander Skarsgard playing two corrupt New Mexico cops who attempt to blackmail criminals only to find themselves dealing with an individual more dangerous than they are.
Principal photography on the film has now started in Albuquerque. The film is being produced by longterm McDonagh collaborators Chris Clark and Flora Fernande-Marengo for Reprisal Films, in conjunction with Phil Hunt and Compton Ross for Head Gear Films with the support of the BFI Film Fund.
“It gives me great pleasure to declare War on Everyone with my fellow combatants, Michael Pena and Alexander Skarsgard,” said McDonagh. “We look forward to the battles ahead, and we will go on with a spirit that fears nothing. That’s Homer, by the way.”
U.K.-based Bankside Films is handling international sales and has already secured U.K. rights for Icon Films, Australia/New Zealand for Icon Film Distribution and Latin America, Eastern Europe, Scandinavia, Benelux, Spain and Portugal for Sony Pictures Worldwide. No U.S. distributor has been announced yet.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day