- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A version of this story first appeared in the Jan. 22 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
On Jan. 4, several hundred frenzied fans descended on UTA’s offices. But it wasn’t to see A-list clients Angelina Jolie or Channing Tatum. Rather, the star was Khaled Khaled (stage name DJ Khaled), who was in the building for a meeting.
The record producer, radio personality and DJ posted UTA’s address on Snapchat and his fans showed up, causing one of the larger fan flocks in Beverly Hills in recent memory.
“It was a great moment. Khaled has amazing fans,” says one agency insider, before joking. “I guess that’s one key to his success.”
Khaled floods his social media accounts with key-inspired motivational slogans. “He spreads fan love through spontaneous and random acts of kindness everywhere he goes,” Khaled’s rep Tammy Brook tells THR. “This event was another way to connect with his fans.”
Khaled posted a video on Instagram showing screaming fans running down Civic Center Drive that night, a video that now has nearly 30,000 likes.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day