- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Universal feature stars Robert Downey Jr. as the physician with the uncanny ability to talk to animals, one of which Gomez will voice.
The platinum recording artist joins a voice cast that includes Spider-Man: Homecoming star Tom Holland, Emma Thompson and Ralph Fiennes. Along with Downey, Michael Sheen and Antonio Banderas will also be starring in live-action roles.
Stephen Gaghan (Traffic, Syriana) will direct from a script that he wrote (an earlier draft was penned by Tom Shepherd). The story is based on the 1920s children’s books by Hugh Lofting.
Joe Roth and Jeff Kirschenbaum (Alice in Wonderland) will produce via their Roth/Kirschenbaum Films shingle, alongside Susan Downey for Team Downey. Jon Mone and Lexi Barta will oversee production for Universal.
Voyage of Doctor Dolittle will begin production later this month in London and is slated for an April 12, 2019, release.
Gomez, who serves as executive producer on the hit Netflix series 13 Reasons Why, can be heard in the third installment of the Hotel Transylvania franchise, which is due out in July. She is repped by WME, Lighthouse Management & Media and Ziffren Brittenham.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day