- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Westworld star Zahn McClarnon is tackling another high-profile genre project.
McClarnon is in talks to Join Ewan McGregor in Doctor Sleep, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. The film is an adaptation to Stephen King’s 2013 The Shining sequel, and will be directed by Gerald’s Game filmmaker Mike Flanagan. Warner Bros. is releasing the film on Jan. 24, 2020.
McClarnon is best known for playing the host Akecheta on HBO’s Westworld, which recently aired an acclaimed episode centering on his character. McClarnon’s other credits include Longmire and Fargo.
Doctor Sleep follows an adult Danny Torrance (McGregor) as he battles alcoholism and deals with the trauma of childhood events he lived through at a Colorado hotel in The Shining. Amid this backdrop, Danny is presented with an opportunity to use the shining power to help a young girl.
Rebecca Ferguson will also star in the project, which Flanagan is also writing. Flanagan’s producing partner Trevor Macy is producing along with Jon Berg of Vertigo Entertainment.
McClarnon is repped by Amsel, Eisenstadt, Frazier & Hinojosa Inc.
Variety first reported the news.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Big Thunder Mountain
Robert De Niro