- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Marvel Cinematic Universe just became a lot more magical.
Marvel Studios has released the first teaser trailer for Doctor Strange, bringing Stan Lee and Steve Ditko’s self-styled Sorcerer Supreme to the big screen for the first time, with Benedict Cumberbatch in the title role.
The feature brings a new dimension — literally — to Marvel’s lineup, breaking from the straight-ahead superheroics of Captain America, Iron Man and The Avengers to offer an existential edge with the story of a surgeon who finds a new purpose in life — and a grander cosmic destiny — following a traumatic accident.
Also starring in the Scott Derrickson-directed feature are Tilda Swinton, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Mads Mikkelsen. The movie will be released Nov. 4.
The trailer debuted on ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live on Tuesday as part of the show’s Marvel Week, which kicked off on Monday night with Captain America: Civil War stars Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan, Paul Rudd and Anthony Mackie.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Tonight Show