- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Armando Iannucci is bulking up the cast of his upcoming film The Personal History of David Copperfield.
The Emmy-winning Veep creator revealed Tuesday on Twitter that Peter Capaldi, best known as Doctor Who on the long-running BBC sci-fi series, will star in the pic, joining Dev Patel, Tilda Swinton, Hugh Laurie and Ben Wishaw.
Capaldi, recently seen in Paddington 2, is set to play Mr. Micawber in the fresh take on Charles Dickens’ autobiographical masterpiece, written by Iannucci and Simon Blackwell. Micawber was incarcerated in debtors’ prison after failing to meet his creditors’ demands; his name has become synonymous with someone who lives in hopeful expectation.
Production on David Copperfield is set to start in June in the U.K. and will be Iannucci’s third movie as director following the Oscar-nominated In the Loop and The Death of Stalin. Kevin Loader and Iannucci will produce the feature.
FilmNation will continue to sell David Copperfield to buyers in Cannes after first introducing the project at EFM in Berlin.
— Armando Iannucci (@Aiannucci) May 8, 2018
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day