- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Warner Bros.’ Man of Steel and Fox’s Epic, The Wolverine and Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters will get Dolby Atmos mixes—bringing the total number of titles to more than 30 since the format was announced in the spring of 2012.
According to Dolby, there are also now 23 sound postproduction facilities around the world that are equipped to support the immersive sound format.
That includes the newly equipped Stage 10 on the Warner Bros. lot where Man of Steel is being mixed by multiple Academy Award-winning Chris Jenkins and Oscar-nominated Dean A. Zupancic. The film opens June 14.
The latest Fox titles to be confirmed as Atmos releases are Epic, an animated film from Blue Sky, scheduled for a May 24 release; The Wolverine, opening July 26; and Percy Jackson, scheduled to debut August 16.
Meanwhile an Atmos mix of Paramount’s G.I. Joe: Retaliation is currently being finalized at Dolby Burbank by multiple Academy Award-nominated Greg P. Russell and multiple Oscar-winner Scott Millan. The movie opens March 28.
To hear the films with the new sound format, movie goers will need to see them in Atmos-equipped theaters.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day