- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cinema chain Les Cinemas Gaumont Pathe inked a deal with Dolby to open 10 Dolby Cinema locations, with seven in France and three in the Netherlands.
This includes Amsterdam and Rotterdam in the Netherlands, and the upcoming new Pathe cinema in Massy, south of Paris. Initial locations are expected to be open by fall.
Dolby Cinema is a premium large format brand that includes Dolby Vision, the company’s high dynamic range laser-projection system; and Dolby Atmos, immersive sound.
Said Martine Odillard, chairman of Les Cinemas Gaumont Pathe: “Dolby’s approach to offering a total premium cinema experience with Dolby Cinema is something we are eager to deliver to our customers throughout France and the Netherlands.”
In the roughly two years since launch, more than 325 Dolby Cinema sites have been installed or committed to around the world. Recent Dolby Cinema releases include Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day