- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Steve Zaillian is in negotiations to rewrite Jack Ryan for Paramount.
Jack Bender is directing the movie, which is due to star Chris Pine as the budding intelligence analyst of the Tom Clancy novels.
The pic was due to shoot in Budapest in March but shooting got pushed back to the spring.
Zaillian boarding the project will push the start date further, possibly up to four or five weeks, although Paramount can’t risk any more time since the studio needs Pine for the Star Trek sequel, which will also likely be nudged slightly, but not enough to impact its release date.
But Jack Ryan will happen, insiders say.
“If they’re spending the money for this guy, they’re making the movie,” said one source.
Zaillian, repped by WME, most recently wrote the adaptation for The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Eyes of Tammy Faye
Red Table Talk