- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
DreamWorks Studios has optioned the Swedish novel Made in Sweden, a crime thriller about the largest wave of bank robberies in Sweden’s history.
Written by Anders Roslund and Stefan Thunberg, the book is based on a true story of the heists, which were pulled off by three brothers and their childhood best friend — a group of irreverent, brash, mischievous 20-somethings known as “The Military Gang.”
The book will be published in Sweden by Piratförlaget on May 28. A U.S. publisher is expected to be announced soon.
“We were thoroughly gripped by the unbelievable story in Made for Sweden and completely floored that it was inspired by real events,” said Holly Bario, president of production at DreamWorks Studios. “It’s an incredibly exciting book and one that will make an exhilarating film.”
Roslund is the New York Times best-selling co-author of 3 Seconds and Thunberg is one of Sweden’s most successful screenwriters, whose work includes Hamilton and Jägarna 2.
The deal was brokered by RWSG Literary and Keith Fleer on behalf of the Salomonsson Agency. Jonathan Eirich will oversee the project at DreamWorks.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day