- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Advanced Imaging Society will recognize 15 honorees during its 9th annual Technology Lumiere Awards, which will be held during December in Hollywood.
They are Apple, for its ProRes Raw codec; IBM Watson computer incorporating AI; DreamWorks Animation, for openVDB data structure system; NVIDIA, for its GeForce RTX graphics cards; Google VR; Cisco, for its broadcast production virtualization system; and Felix and Paul, for its dynamic projection workflow for stereoscopic 360-degree live video.
Honorees also include the USC Institute for Creative Technologies, for its HDR-image based lighting; The Mill, for its Mascot real-time animation system; Mach 1, for its spatial sound system workflow; MTT Innovations (a Barco/Cinionic company) for its not-yet-shipping HDR light-steering cinema projector; Positron, for its Voyager chair for immersive experiences; RYOT, for Yahoo Mail AR; Secret Location, for its Vuser Spark technology for content rights management; and Survios, for its Electronauts VR music creation tool.
Said AIS president Jim Chabin: “We were impressed this year by both the stature of the companies participating in the honors process and the wide range of technologies which are now empowering creative people with tools to excite audiences worldwide.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day