- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
DreamWorks has acquired Ex-Criminals, an action comedy project from actor-comedian T.J. Miller and fledgling writer M. Miller Davis.
The pair, who are cousins, will the write the script for the pitch with the goal of crafting a starring vehicle for Miller.
The logline concerns a dysfunctional bank robbing couple and what happens when the duo break up on the eve of their biggest heist to date.
This is the first script sale for Davis, who has worked as a production assistant on Comedy Central’s Tosh.0 and as a researcher on the channel’s Drunk History. Davis is repped by APA.
Miller is one of the stars of HBO’s Silicon Valley and has voiced characters in Big Hero 6 and the How to Train Your Dragon movies. He next appears opposite Ryan Reynolds in Deadpool.
Miller is repped by CAA, 3 Arts and attorney Karl Austen of Jackoway Tyerman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day