- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Perfect Halloween news:
While he is in post on his latest R-rated 3D extravaganza, Drive Angry, Patrick Lussier and his writing partner Todd Farmer have set their sights on their next project: a reinvention of Dimension’s Hellraiser.
Lussier and Farmer are in final negotiations to write the script, with Lussier attached to direct.
This is Dimension’s latest attempt to restart the horror franchise and occurs just over a month and a half after its talks with Christian E. Christiansen (The Roommate) fell though. The company for years had been chasing the hottest names in writing and writing talent but then not liking what they saw in the morning light.
In the meantime, it has been keeping the franchise alive via straight-to-DVD movies.
Lussier, who was the editor of Dimension’s Scream franchise, and Farmer pitched their take to Bob Weinstein and his team, telling them they wanted to do for Hellraiser what Christopher Nolan did for Batman with Batman Begins.
Lussier is repped by Paradigm.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day