- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After screening at the Cannes Film Festival earlier this year, the upcoming film by director Nicholas Winding Refn, Drive, is finally hitting theaters stateside. To drum up anticipation, a new scene between Ryan Gosling and Carey Mulligan has popped up on the web.
The clip shows Gosling and Mulligan in an elevator with a man who is revealed to have a gun, and though there is no dialogue in the scene, the drama is just as intense. Instead of confronting the armed man, Gosling’s character Driver moves Mulligan closer to the corner and shares an intimate kiss. It’s spoiler-free, but this particular scene may cater to the romantics.
Drive — a film that harkens back to the past — centers on Driver, who works as a stunt driver during the day and a getaway driver at night. He falls for his neighbor, played by Mulligan, but begins to discover that she may not be all that she seems.
Drive, co-starring Albert Brooks, Ron Perlman and Bryan Cranston, continues to make the festival rounds, playing at this month’s Toronto Film Festival before hitting U.S. theaters Sept. 16.
Watch the scene below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day