- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dulé Hill is joining Andrea Riseborough in the supernatural thriller Geechee from Stuart Ford’s AGC Studios.
Riseborough stars as Wren, a successful New York scientist who decides to leave the city with her son to start life over in the remote Sea Islands, off the Atlantic Coast, whose people are descendants of a centuries-old group of African slaves. “But soon her world starts to unravel as the souls of the subjugated begin to haunt her dreams and her waking life — until she is driven to the brink of horrifying insanity,” according to a plot summary.
Geechee will be the feature debut of writer-director Dubois Ashong.
AGC’s Glendon Palmer will produce, along with Ford. Jermaine Johnson and Luke Maxwell of 3 Arts Entertainment will serve as executive producers. Production is due to start early this year.
Hill, who is repped by ICM, Washington Square Films and Fuller Law, is best known for his role on the long-running series Psych. He will reprise his role of Gus in the upcoming event feature Psych 2: Lassie Come Home. His other credits include Suits, Ballers and the J.D. Dillard movie Sleight.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day