- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The ominous trailer for The East has hit the web as the film makes its debut at Sundance.
The thriller, directed by Zal Batmanglij, stars Brit Marling as an ex-FBI agent who goes undercover with an anarchist group that targets corporations who commit crimes against the environment.
The gritty trailer begins with what looks like an infomercial for a corporation, before the clip suddenly dissolves into chaos. Then a series of environmentally unfriendly practices (pollutants being dumped into water, smoke rising from factory stacks) are shown followed by retaliatory actions by the group.
“We are The East. We don’t care how rich you are, we want all those who are guilty to experience the terror of their crimes,” promises the voiceover. “It’s easy when it’s not your life, easy when it’s not your home. But when it’s your fault, it shouldn’t be so easy to sleep at night.”
The film, produced by Ridley Scott, features Alexander Skarsgard and Ellen Page as members of The East. Watch the trailer below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day