- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Edgar Ramirez is in final negotiations to play Jennifer Lawrence’s husband in Joy, David O. Russell’s take on Miracle Mop inventor Joy Mangano.
John Davis and John Fox are producing the Fox 2000 project along with Ken Mok. The movie is gliding to an early February start.
See more Hollywood’s 100 Favorite Films
Mangano (being portrayed by Lawrence) is a fixture on the Home Shopping Network with her many inventions, though the mop was her ticket to fame and fortune. She began her inventing as a teen and kept on dreaming and tinkering while still a single mom raising three kids.
Ramirez will play Mangano’s dapper but philandering husband, whom she eventually divorces.
Robert De Niro is already on board as Mangano’s father.
See more 10 Highest Grossing Movie Sequels
Ramirez was seen on screen this summer in Deliver Us From Evil, the supernatural thriller that also starred Eric Bana. He recently wrapped shooting Alcon’s Point Break, the remake of the 1980s classic in which he plays Bodhi, the role first played by Patrick Swayze; Warners is releasing the movie July 31, 2015.
Additionally, he leads the cast of Hands of Stone, a biopic about boxer Roberto Duran that also includes De Niro. That movie is expected to be released sometime next year.
He is repped by CAA, Impression Entertainment, and Hirsch Walleterstein.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day