- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Elijah Wood is set to star in Grand Piano, an indie thriller written by Damien Chazelle and to be directed by Eugenio Mira.
Adrian Guerra and Rodrigo Cortes, who were involved in making the Ryan Reynolds thriller Buried, are producing.
The story concerns a once-great concert pianist who suffers from stage fright and comes back to perform after a five-year hiatus. Just when he’s about to play the first bar, he notices somebody has written a threatening note on his music sheet. He’s now forced to play his best concert ever to save his life as well as his wife’s. Think Speed at a piano.
The movie will shoot at Ciudad de la Luz Studios in Alicante, Spain, and a week in Chicago. A late summer production start is being eyed.
Piano adds to Wood’s already busy and varied schedule. The actor is the lead voice on Disney XD’s animated series Tron: Uprising and returns to star in season 2 of FX’s Wilfred, which debuts June 28. His movie Maniac will premiere at the Cannes Film Festival this month, and he will be seen reprising Frodo in December’s The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.
Wood is repped by WME, Brillstein Entertainment and Stone Meyer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day