- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In the spirit of the season’s top box office hit, let’s call this the story of what would have happened had Frodo held on to the Ring.
Elijah Wood, the Lord of the Rings star who reprised his hairy-footed hero character for a cameo in this month’s prequel The Hobbit, plays the title character in Franck Khalfoun‘s remake of the 1980 horror-slasher film Maniac. His forever-young face, often an asset in projecting innocence, is here a sign of a man-child emotionally interrupted, as he stalks down women and removes their scalps in a rampage that begins shortly after the death of his mother.
The first six minutes of the film has been released by Warner Bros., and features a lot of heavy breathing and the pursuit of a woman in the wrong place at the wrong time.
The film also stars America Olivo and Nora Arnezeder.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day