- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Elissa Greer has joined indie distributor FilmDistrict as senior vice president of publicity. She will report to Christine Birch, president of marketing, who announced the appointment Monday.
Greer, who will oversee the company’s domestic theatrical publicity and promotional campaigns, most recently worked on as publicity consultant on such films as Bully, Me and Orson Welles and Precious. Prior to that she held the post of executive vice president of publicity and promotion at New Line Cinema, where she began her career in 1992 as director of field publicity and promotions.
Greer’s hiring completes a new marketing team that Birch has assembled since joining FilmDistrict in March. Recent hires include Tracy Pollard, senior vp of creative advertising; Brad Goldberg, senior vp of media; and Anna Baxter as senior vp of digital marketing.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day