- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Open Road Films and Liddell Entertainment have set March 9 as the national release date for the horror thriller Silent House, starring Elizabeth Olsen.
The March date could build on the awards attention that Olsen is attracting for her performance in Fox Searchlight’s Martha Marcy May Marlene, for which she has earned a Gotham Award nomination as breakthrough actor of the year.
In the movie, directed by the Open Water filmmaking team of Chris Kentis and Laura Lau, Olsen plays a young woman trapped in her family’s secluded lakeside home.
“Lizzie is phenomenal. She committed herself completely to the role and unusual challenges of our production. She’s so talented and has such great instincts, she amazed us with how little she needed and how much she gave,” Lau and Kentis said.
Produced by Agnes Mentre of Tazora Films, the film is an Elle Driver presentation, with Adeline Fontan Tessaur, Eva Diederix, George Paaswel and Silverwood Films’ Lynette Howell, serving as executive producers. Lau’s screenplay was based on the Uruguayan film La Casa Muda, written by Oscar Estevez.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day