- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Ember Entertainment has taken the U.S. distribution rights to Dusan Strugar’s Night Wings, a teen action thriller from Canadian indie producers Lucid Dreams and Julijette Inc.
The Inferno Entertainment division is also handling international sales for the genre pic, written by Paul Birkett, about a 12 year-old boy on a redeye flight over the Atlantic trying to convince the flight crew that vampires are onboard the flight from Romania.
Only one passenger believes the boy, a father seeking revenge for the loss of his son to the Count Radu vampire clan.
Strugar is currently visual effects producer on the Chronicles of Riddick sequel.
No word yet on casting.
Michael Long is executive producing Night Wings.
Vancouver-based Lucid and Winnipeg-based Julijette are also co-producing The Way Out, a coming of age drama from director Norma Bailey from a script by Deborah Wakeham and Daryl Wakeham. The theatrical drama is about a 10-year-old boy who learns to stand up to bullies.
D Films will release The Way Out in Canada.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day