- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The forthcoming movie is inspired by the classic 1980s series of the same name. Fall Guy was created by Glen A. Larson, the prolific TV producer whose output ranged from Battlestar Galactica to Magnum P.I, and starred Lee Majors as a Hollywood stunt man who, to make ends meets, has a side hustle as a bounty hunter.
Douglas Barr co-starred as his sidekick and Heather Thomas as a fellow stunt actor. The show ran on ABC from 1981 to 1986. Leitch is also producing the Universal pic with partner Kelly McCormick via their 87North shingle, and Entertainment 360, the content production arm of Management 360.
Drew Pearce, who worked with Leitch on Universal’s Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw, wrote the script and serves as executive producer. Gosling will also produce along with Guymon Casady.
Geoff Shaevitz and original series creator Glen A. Larson will also executive produce. Production for the film is set to begin in Australia this fall, with the movie set to open in theaters on March 1, 2024.
Deadline Hollywood was the first to report on Blunt joining The Fall Guy.
Blunt is represented by CAA, The Artists Partnership in the U.K. and Sloane, Offer, Weber and Dern.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day