- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Emily Mortimer is joining Disney’s Mary Poppins sequel.
The English actress will be playing a grown-up Jane Banks, one of the children who was a ward of the umbrella-totting nanny in the 1964 film. As previously announced, Ben Whishaw will be playing Jane’s brother Michael.
Mary Poppins Returns will be set 25 years after the original, and will see Emily Blunt playing the titular nanny.
Playing new characters in the Rob Marshall-directed sequel, Meryl Streep will be portraying Poppins‘ cousin and Lin Manuel-Miranda will be a streetlamp lighter.
Marshall will produce Returns, along with John DeLuca and Marc Platt. Life of Pi scribe David Magee will pen the movie, which will feature original music from Broadway vet Scott Wittman.
Mary Poppins Returns is set to hit theaters in Dec. 25, 2018.
Mortimer will next be seen with Michelle Dockery in CBS Films’ The Sense of an Ending. She is repped by WME, Lighthouse, the U.K.’s Independent and Sloane Offer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day