- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Emma Stone is in early talks to play the female lead in Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow’s Gangster Squad, a crime drama set in 1940s Los Angeles.
The project would reteam Stone with her Crazy, Stupid, Love co-star Ryan Gosling, with the actress playing a woman caught between Gosling’s good cop and Sean Penn‘s gangster Mickey Cohen.
FILM REVIEW: ‘Crazy, Stupid, Love’
Rubin Fleisher, who directed Stone in 2009’s Zombieland, is helming.
The cast is also headed by Josh Brolin, playing another of the cops.
Dan Lin and Kevin McCormick are producing, with Lin Pictures’ Jon Silk as co-producer. Will Beall wrote the latest draft, based on a seven-part Los Angeles Times series by Paul Lieberman about corruption in the LAPD.
STORY: Emma Stone Dropped Out of High School Before ‘Superbad’
Stone, repped by WME and Anonymous Content, will next be seen in DreamWorks’ The Help, opening Aug. 10, and will follow next summer in Sony’s The Amazing Spider-Man.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day