- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Emma Stone took home the Golden Globe for best performance by an actress in a motion picture, comedy or musical, for her role in La La Land on Sunday night.
This marks the seventh Golden Globe win for the musical, with its last nomination of the night being for best comedy or musical.
The starlet began her acceptance speech by thanking her mother and went on to say, “This is a film for dreamers, and I think that hope and creativity are the most important things in the world, so for anyone anywhere that feels like giving up sometimes but finds it in themselves to get up and keep going, I share this [award] with you.”
In the backstage press room, Stone told reporters, “I think that there is something about these two characters and what they are going through that feels very realistic and human, even when they are singing and dancing.”
Jimmy Fallon hosted the 74th annual Golden Globe Awards, which took place at the Beverly Hilton on Jan. 8.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day