- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There’s no doubt Emma Watson has been killing it on the red carpet as she’s been making the rounds to promote her latest film, Noah. However, the 23-year-old actress said that it’s not always easy to project a flawless image in the fashion industry.
In an interview with The Guardian, the British star said it hasn’t always been easy to appear picture-perfect in the media. She stated: “As a younger woman, that pressure got me down, but I’ve made my peace with it. With airbrushing and digital manipulation, fashion can project an unobtainable image that’s dangerously unhealthy. I’m excited about the aging process. I’m more interested in women who aren’t perfect. They’re more compelling.”
While getting ready for the Noah premiere in New York, the actress — dressed in a backless Oscar de la Renta gown — wasn’t afraid to acknowledge her imperfections with a tweet that read: “I did NOT wake up like this!”
That said, we still think Watson is pretty perfect, but we’re glad she’s taken the opportunity to speak out against industry pressures.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day