- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
According to an announcement made by the producers on Monday, principal photography on the film has begun. The drama will shoot in Luxemburg, Germany and South America and go on until year-end.
Set during the Chilean military coup of 1973, Colonia follows a young German couple — Lena and Daniel — who become entangled in the violence which led to the overthrowing of the democratically elected president Salvador Allende. Daniel is eventually abducted by the secret police of army chief and dictator-to-be Augusto Pinochet, and is tracked by Lena to a sealed-off area called Colonia Dignidad (‘Dignity Colony’), led by preacher Paul Schäfer. However it soon transpires that the commune is being used as a torture and detention center from which few people ever leave.
The film is a production of Majestic Filmproduktion and co-delegate producer Iris Productions, co-produced by Rat Pack Filmproduktion.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day