- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Swank and her 2S Films partner Molly Smith are producing along with Denise Di Novi and Alison Greenspan of DiNovi Pictures.
An adaptation of a Michelle Wildgen book, You centers on an aimless and self-absorbed college student (Rossum) whose life is changed when she takes a part-time job caring for a woman (Swank) with ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease.
Smith has a first-look agreement with Alcon, though the company is not involved in producing and financing the drama. Private equity is behind the project, which will be directed by George C. Wolfe (Nights in Rodanthe).
Shana Feste and Jordan Roberts worked on the script.
Rossum plays Fiona, the oldest daughter of William H. Macy, in Shameless, which is entering its third season.
Featurewise, the actress recently wrapped a role in Alcon’s adaptation of the YA fantasy Beautiful Creatures, which Warners is releasing Feb. 13.
She is repped by ICM Partners, Schiff Co. and Ziffren Brittenham.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day