- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the April 18 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Doug Ellin‘s real-life entourage made sure his 46th birthday away from New York was one to write home about.
On April 4, just after wrapping the L.A. shoot of the new Entourage film at Bar Bouchon (where Armie Hammer made a cameo in the movie), Ellin was whisked by girlfriend Maddie Diehl up to Kim Kardashian‘s former Beverly Hills home, now owned by Ellin’s pal and club owner Marc Roberts, for a surprise party that New York PR maven and Ellin’s Tulane buddy Alison Brod flew in to organize with Diehl and Roberts.
“He didn’t know exactly what was going to happen,” Brod tells THR, “but he had a suspicion.” He was met by 150 guests, including Larry David, Bob Saget, Steve Tisch, David Spade, Scott Caan, Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, Baron Davis and Entourage‘s Kevin Connolly and Jerry Ferrara.
Among the birthday novelties: hundreds of Baked by Melissa cupcakes in the shape of a cake, with “Doug” spelled out in the Entourage logo font, dumplings from Ellin fave Din Pai and a Tequila Avion shot machine.
Ellin even got roasted — by Saget and Jeff Ross — which had Connolly laughing so hard, neighbors began to complain about noise.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day