- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Entertainment One has inked a first-look deal with the Hammer studio, best known for its gothic Hammer Horror films.
The exclusive multi-year agreement includes the production, financing and distribution of film titles. Founded in November 1934, Hammer is also known for box office hits like The Woman in Black and the upcoming sequel Woman in Black: Angel of Death, which eOne co-produces.
Toronto-based eOne will distribute the Hammer films in Canada, the U.K., Benelux, Spain and Australia/New Zealand. The international sales arm eOne Films International will handle the rest of the world.
“We’re thrilled to extend our partnership with Simon Oakes, Marc Schipper and the innovative Hammer team,” said Xavier Marchand, eOne’s president of film production, in a statement. London-based Marchand will oversee the Hammer deal for the Canadian partner.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day