- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Director Ericson Core is putting his name on The Claim, penned by Damien Chazelle.
The helmer of the Point Break reboot and Disney’s football drama Invincible will direct the thriller, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. The Black List script by Chazelle, who wrote and helmed La La Land and Whiplash, centers on a single father with a criminal past whose daughter gets kidnapped by another couple who claims her as their own.
Scott Clayton of Oceanside Media is producing the pic alongside Route One Entertainment’s Russell Levine, Jay Stern and Chip Diggins, with Sophia Dilley co-producing. Christian Mercuri’s Capstone Group will fully finance with Oceanside, and Mercuri will serve as executive producer alongside David Haring and Chris Lytton. Production is set to begin later this year.
Core, who also helmed episodes of ABC’s Still Star-Crossed, was previously a cinematographer on The Fast And The Furious, Daredevil and Payback. He is repped by The Gersh Agency.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day