- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Shamberg, who’s received best picture Oscar nominations for Erin Brockovich and The Big Chill and whose executive producer credits include Pulp Fiction and Django Unchained, will receive the Golden Eye honor for career achievement in Zurich on Friday, Sept. 26.
Shamberg and production partner Stacey Sher just wrapped John Wells‘ untitled chef comedy starring Bradley Cooper, Uma Thurman and Jamie Dornan. Their next project is Freehold, starring Julianne Moore, Ellen Page, Michael Shannon and Steve Carell. Two of Shamberg and Sher’s recent collaborations — the dramedy Wish I Was Here, directed by and starring Zach Braff; and Liam Neeson actioner A Walk Among the Tombstones — are both screening in Zurich this year.
Shamberg is also acting as an advisor to New York-based viral content group BuzzFeed’s newly created Motion Pictures division. Shamberg’s TV work includes an executive production credit on comedy series Reno 911 and AMC’s upcoming sci-fi series Badlands.
The 10th annual Zurich Film Festival runs Sept. 25 to Oct. 5.
Aug. 27, 8:57 a.m. A previous version of this story incorrectly identified Michael Shamberg as the producer of Pulp Fiction and Django Unchained. THR regrets the error.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day