- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ESPN is set to receive the Hollywood Post Alliance’s Judges Award for Creativity and Innovation, for its ESPN Digital Center 2 in Bristol, CT, which at launch was widely recognized as the first large scale, IP-based production facility. The award will be presented at the 10th annual HPA Awards, Nov. 12 at the Skirball Cultural Center.
In selecting this year’s recipient, the jury felt that ESPN’s entry represented technical innovation in the IP-based production, postproduction and broadcast space, noting that the entry showed vision and leadership by deploying a framework that others could, and likely will, follow.
Said HPA president Leon Silverman: “The Judges Award recognizes companies and individuals who truly push the boundaries, using ingenuity and insight to advance the industry and to serve audiences in new and better ways. ESPN has done just that with its Digital Center 2, and our judges agreed that this is a remarkable accomplishment.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day