- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The White Lotus‘ Leo Woodall and This Is Going to Hurt breakout Ambika Mod are set to play the lead roles of Dexter Mayhew and Emma Morley, respectively, in the series, which will chart the pair’s encounters and the ups and downs of their relationship on the same day each year, beginning when they first meet at Edinburgh University on July 15, 1988. The Hollywood Reporter understands that Davis will play Dexter’s mother, Alison (who was portrayed by Patricia Clarkson in Focus’ 2001 feature adaptation).
Davis will soon be seen on Netflix in Guillermo del Toro’s anthology series Cabinet of Curiosities, reteaming with her Babadook director Jennifer Kent in an episode called “The Murmuring,” alongside Andrew Lincoln. She recently received rave reviews for playing the title role in Gaysorn Thavat’s feature The Justice of Bunny King alongside fellow Antipodean Thomasin McKenzie and also starred in Justin Kurzel’s 2021 Cannes winner Nitram and his 2019 Australian Western True History of the Kelly Gang, where she was part of an ensemble cast that included Russell Crowe, George MacKay, Charlie Hunnam and Nicholas Hoult.
Davis is repped by United Agents, Anonymous Content and Personal PR.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Red Sea Film Festival