- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Planet of the Apes actress Estella Warren has been charged with DUI, hit-and-run driving, battery on a cop and resisting arres after being arrested following a late-night crash last month, TMZ reported.
The L.A. City Attorney’s office filed the four misdemeanor charges Thursday. If convicted, Warren faces up to 2 1/2 years in jail, according to TMZ.
Warren was driving down Harper Avenue near West Hollywood when she crashed into three parked cars in late May. She reportedly planned to leave the scene before leaving her information, so police were called.
A short time later, Warren was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence. Police also said she assaulted one of the officers and was arrested a second time for felony battery on an officer.
Detained in a holding room, Warren managed to slip out her handcuffs, burst through a police station door and briefly escape.
She was immediately recaptured.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day