- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ethan Hawke is looking set to follow the likes of Nicholas Hoult (The Current War) and David Bowie (The Prestige) by playing electricity pioneer Nikola Tesla.
Tesla, currently in development and being introduced to buyers by Millennium Media at the European Film Market, which launches this week in Berlin, would also see Hawke reunited with writer-director Michael Almereyda, with whom he worked on both Hamlet and Cymbeline.
The script was actually the first written by Almereyda, but he updated it while making 2017 sci-fi Marjorie Prime.
The biopic, being produced by Passage Pictures and Campbell Grobman Films, will chronicle the life and times of the famed inventor, including his creation of the AC motor and his fierce rivalry with Thomas Edison.
Uri Singer and Isen Robbins are producing for Passage Pictures, while Christa Campbell and Lati Grobman produce for Campbell Grobman Films. Jeff Rice serves as executive producer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day