- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ruben Ostlund’s The Square, winner of the Palme d’Or in Cannes, has also picked up a nomination for this year’s European Film Awards.
Ostlund’s satire of the international art world, starring Claes Bang, Elisabeth Moss and Dominic West, is one of four nominees for best European comedy, announced Wednesday by the European Film Academy. The other contenders in the category are Simon Verhoeven’s box- office hit Welcome to Germany, Christophe Van Rompaey’s Vincent and the End of the World and King of the Belgians, from directors Jessica Woodworth and Peter Brosens.
In the best European animation category, this year’s nominees include the hand-painted feature Loving Vincent, about Dutch painter Vincent Van Gogh, from directors Dorota Kobiela and Hugh Welchman; the British feature Ethel & Ernest, from Roger Mainwood; Jean-Francois Laguionie’s Louise by the Shore; and Zombillenium, the feature debut of acclaimed shorts directors Arthur De Pins and Alexis Ducord.
The more than 3,000 EFA members will vote on the winners of this year’s awards, which will be handed out in Berlin on Dec.9.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day