- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sarah Rothschild is penning the script, expanding on her pitch. Washington will produce through her Simpson Street banner, with Longoria and Ben Spector producing through their UnbeliEVAble Entertainment banner. Sara Scott, Universal’s vp production, will oversee development for the studio with UnbeliEVAble vp Will Rack.
Rothschild is a writer on Awesomeness TV’s Love, Unscripted and also wrote the scripts for the Universal-acquired The Gauntlet and The Dog Walker, which has Alison Eastwood attached to direct. She is represented by Verve.
Washington’s Simpson Street is also developing feature films based on the books The City of Saints and Thieves with Will Packer and Universal; The Perfect Mother, which is set up at TriStar; and The Mothers at Warner Bros. The Scandal star is also part of the voice cast of Disney’s upcoming Cars 3. She is repped by CAA and Washington Square Films.
Longoria’s upcoming acting projects include Jamie Foxx’s comedy All-Star Weekend, MGM’s Overboard remake and the Fox comedy pilot Type-A. She is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment Group.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day