- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Evan Langweiler, who has been with Universal for more than 10 years, has been promoted to Universal Filmed Entertainment Group’s senior vp global communications, the studio announced Thursday.
Per the studio, Langweiler will continue to oversee many aspects of strategic media relations, including worldwide box-office reporting, transactional announcements, dating of its films and serving as the communication group’s primary staff writer.
He will work closely with international and brand teams as well as DreamWorks TV and NBCUniversal.
Langweiler, who began his career at NBC Universal as a page handling Saturday Night Live at 30 Rockefeller Plaza, previously held the title of vp global communications.
Said NBC Universal’s exec vp global communications and corporate affairs Cindy Gardner, “Evan works closely with many of our filmmakers, has deep relationships with media and is well respected both internally and externally.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day