- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Evan Spiliotopoulos, best known for penning a slew of high-profile, straight-to-DVD Disney animated pics, has been tapped to work on Ouija for Universal and Michael Bay’s production banner Platinum Dunes.
McG is directing the movie, which is an adaptation of the Hasbro board game about conjuring up spirits of the dead.
Plot details are kept under wraps although it’s described as a four-quadrant supernatural adventure centering around a family, with influences from The Mummy and Indiana Jones.
Tron: Legacy writers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz previously worked on the script but are now focused on Once Upon a Time, the fantasy pilot they are exec producing for ABC.
Brian Goldner and Bennett Schneir of Hasbro will produce with Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form producing for Platinum Dunes.
Spiliotopoulos made a name for himself in the family sphere working on projects including The Lion King 1 1/2 and Pooh’s Heffalump Halloween Movie. He also worked on Wanted 2 for Universal and Agnes Quill, Paramount’s adaptation of a Slave Labor Graphics comic.
He is repped UTA, manager DJ Talbot and attorney Sean Marks.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day