- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fede Alvarez, who so gleefully directed the blood-soaked remake of Evil Dead, has sold Machina, a sci-fi action project to MRC.
Logline details are being kept under wraps, locked in the basement of a cabin in the woods.
It is known, however, that Alvarez will co-write the script with his partner Rodo Sayagues. Alvarez is also attached to direct.
Alvarez is the South American director who caught the town’s attention with the hot short Panic Attack, which featured giant robots attacking Montevideo, Uruguay.
That garnered him deal with Sam Riami’s Ghost House production banner to develop and direct an original project. While Alvarez was working on that project, Raimi offered him the chance to direct a remake of the filmmaker’s classic horror flick, Evil Dead.
Dead was released April 5 and grossed $54 million domestically (almost $98 million worldwide) on a budget of $17 million.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day