- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ewan McGregor will receive the 2011 Golden Space Needle for outstanding achievement in acting at the 37th Seattle International Film Festival.
SIFF runs from May 19 through June 12, and is scheduled to present over 400 films at multiple venues in and around the Seattle area. McGregor will receive the Golden Space Needle on May 22 at an event that will see the Seattle premiere of the actor’s new film, Beginners, written and directed by Mike Mills. McGregor will also engage in an on-stage interview and a Q&A with the audience.
Focus Features opens the Beginners in select cities June 3.
“Ewan’s captivating performances in mainstream, independent, and art house films are a testament to his passion for acting and unyielding determination to being the best he possibly can at his craft,” said SIFF artistic director Carl Spence in a statement.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day