- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ewan McGregor is in negotiations to join the cast of Jack the Giant Killer, New Line and Legendary’s tentpole being directed by Bryan Singer.
The project, shaping up to be one of New Line’s biggest to date, is a retelling of the Jack and the Beanstalk fairy tale centering on a farm boy who leads an expedition to free a princess taken hostage by a giant, a situation which threatens the uneasy peace between humans and giants.
The movie is in casting mode and already sees Nicholas Hoult playing the peasant while Stanley Tucci is playing the villain, an advisor to the king with designs on usurping power. Additionally, Bill Nighy and John Kassir will play the two-headed leader of the giants;
McGregor would play the leader of the king’s elite guard, who helps fight giants.
One major role still to be cast is that of the princess. Among those in contention are Adelaide Kane, an Australian actress who starred in Power Rangers RPM, and Eleanor Tomlinson, who appeared in last year’s Alice in Wonderland.
The movie begins shooting late March in London.
McGregor, repped by UTA and United Agents, last starred in I Love You Phillip Morris with Jim Carrey.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day