- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Joel Edgerton will star opposite Jennifer Garner in The Odd Life of Timothy Green, the fable fantasy being directed by Pete Hedges.
Based on a story by Ahmet Zappa with a script written by Hedges, the story centers on a childless couple, unable to conceive, who bury all their wishes for a baby in a box in their backyard. One day, they wake up to find that a child is born, but the child is not all that it appears.
Mark Wahlberg and Joaquin Phoenix were some of the actors reportedly in the mix for the role.
Zappa and Scott Sanders are producing the pic, which is aiming for a start in the new year with a budget of $40 million range.
Edgerton starred earlier this year in the award-winning Australian movie Animal Kingdom. He has remake of The Thing, in which he stars with Mary Elizabeth Winstead, in the can, and recently wrapped Warrior, Gavin O’Connor’s gritty drama about two brothers forced to fight each in a mixed martial arts tournament.
Edgerton is repped by CAA and Ann Churchill-Brown in Australia.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day