- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Director Simon West, currently shooting The Expendables 2, is in negotiations to board Dust and Glory, a car racing movie being independently produced by Top Cat Media and Blue Star Entertainment.
Based on a novel by Evan Green, the romance adventure project is set during the 1950s’ Redex trials, which covered more than 10,000 miles of some of the toughest racing terrain in Australia, if not the world. Described as being a cross between Mad Max and Jewel of the Nile, the Robert Lewis Galinsky-written script follows the rivalry between an American hotshot and an Australian legend
Galinsky is producing with Elizabeth Howatt-Jackman and David Parker via the trio’s Top Kat. Blue Star Entertainment’s Jason Shuman and William Sherak are also producing.
Jib Polhemus of Simon West Productions will join Geoffrey Edelsten as executive producers.
The producers are eyeing a summer start in Australia and hope to go out to cast before year’s end.
West, repped by CAA and attorney Barry Tyerman, counts movies such as Con Air, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, and the recent Jason Statham-starrer The Mechanic as his credits. He is also working on Thunder Run, a CG/hybrid Iraqi War movie that has Gerard Butler, Sam Worthington, and Matthew McConaughey attached.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day