- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Russo wrote the script for the first installment and produced it with his brother Anthony via their AGBO banner. The pic has been a hit for Netflix, with Hemsworth revealing over the weekend that it it on track to be the streaming service’s biggest movie of all time with an estimated 90 million households tuning into the film since its April 24 release. (Netflix does not release ratings data, but counts viewership based on two minutes of viewing time.)
Sam Hargrave, a Marvel stunt coordinator turned filmmaker, directed Extraction and could return for the follow-up. The Russos put together the film while shooting Avengers: Infinity War, approaching Hargrave and later Hemsworth.
Joe Russo first penned the Extraction script after working on the 2014 graphic novel Ciudad, from which it is based. The film stars Hemsworth as Tyler Rake, an Australian mercenary mourning the death of his son when he takes a job to rescue a 14-year-old boy (Rudhraksh Jaiswal), the kidnapped son of an imprisoned Indian drug kingpin.
Joe Russo is repped by WME.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Lisa Marie Presley