- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On Thursday morning, HuffPost tweeted an exclusive trailer for the film, which is due out in theaters Sept. 21.
Familiar faces featured in the trailer include Democratic congressional candidate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Parkland shooting survivor David Hogg and, of course, President Trump.
“How the fuck did this happen?” the Bowling for Columbine filmmaker asks in the clip.
The documentary’s title is a callback to Fahrenheit 9/11, Moore’s 2004 critique of President George H. W. Bush’s administration. The name also alludes to Nov. 9, 2016, the day Trump’s win in the 2016 president election was announced.
In June, Moore told The Late Show host Stephen Colbert that the film is about “how the hell we got in this situation and how we’re going to get out of it.”
Moore has been vocal about his disgust for the president and the conservative movement.
“I know Roseanne. And I know Trump. And they are about to rue the day they knew me,” Moore tweeted in May, shortly after Roseanne Barr’s sitcom was canceled by ABC following Barr’s racist tweet about Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett.
Midwestern Films produced the documentary, which will premiere at the Toronto Film Festival next month.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day