- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jedi masters may have just sensed a disturbance in the Force emanating from somewhere around Frankfurt.
A fan-produced video described as “leaked footage” from the set of Star Wars Episode VII is attracting attention online. The clip shows Imperial Forces overrunning Germany’s Frankfurt International Airport, complete with computer-generated storm troopers standing guard on the runway, Imperial Shuttles gliding across the sky, AT-STs marching around the scene and even a giant AT-AT stomping down the tarmac.
YouTube user Frank Wunderlich writes in his description of the clip: ” Looks like the story of Star Wars plays on Earth too in the next episode. I took these pictures on my flight back from the states to Germany at the Frankfurt Airport. Seems like the biggest German airport plays a key role as an Imperial starport in the new episode — there have just been imperial forces at the scene.”
Early in the video, an Imperial Star Destroyer is seen hovering over the horizon, and toward the end, the faint image of the Death Star is glimpsed looming in the blue sky.
By Monday, the video had just under 1 million views and 10,000 likes. Wunderlich doesn’t appear to be fooling anyone, but our hat is off to the young Padawan’s at-home CGI savvy.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day