- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Famke Janssen is set to join the cast of Barry, the indie drama centering on a young Barack Obama.
Devon Terrell and Anya Taylor-Joy, the star of the hit horror movie The Witch, are starring in Barry, being directed by Vikram Gandhi and produced by Black Bear Pictures along with Cinetic Media.
Barry explores the time when Obama was a college student in New York City and forged key relationships, including with a fellow student (Taylor-Joy).
Janssen will play Taylor-Joy’s sophisticated and opinionated mother.
Ellar Coltrane (Boyhood) and Jason Mitchell (Straight Outta Compton) are among those already cast in the feature.
Janssen is coming off of last week’s announcement that she will star in NBC’s spinoff of hit series The Blacklist. The actress is best known for playing Jean Grey/Marvel Girl in the X-Men movies and for co-starring opposite Liam Neeson in the Taken action franchise.
She is repped by ICM Partners and Brookside Artist Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day